A few decades ago, investing in real estate was a luxury, a way of boasting their social standing and not a necessity. But today, in this era of globalization investing your money in property is not merely imperative but also one of the most tried-and-tested ways to grow that money over the coming years. Following are a few reasons as to how investing money in the realty business is one of the safest bets for NRIs (Non – Resident Indians):
- Stay Connected, stay rooted: No matter how much one loves living abroad, having a house back home in one’s own country gives a sense of belonging. Moreover, wherever you stay, at some point you are sure to say ‘Take me home’ country roads.
- Rent Benefits: Having an extra property in India, would pose as an additional source for your income. Even though NRIs have to pay tax on the rental income, a part of it gets compensated under Section 80 (C).
- Retirement Benefits: Senior citizens who own property in the country get benefits of Reverse Mortgage, i.e. money taken from the bank towards this Mortgage is not considered as a part of the income of the NRI.
- Price Benefits: Along with the emotional connect and the benefits of rent, affordability of properties is yet another reason of why investing in real estate is lucrative for NRIs.
- Long-Term Returns: The real estate industry has observed tremendous growth in the last decade or so and is further expected to rise by 10-15% per annum.
- Controlled Asset: While in order to invest in shares and stocks you might require a broker, real estate investments are simple enough to be done on your own, especially with the various portals available for property purchase and sales such as Makaan.com and 99acres.com. These websites provide all the required information such as the localities and any and every query can be answered.
- Ample Finance Options: From banks to the various Financial Companies along with numerous private lenders, there is truly no dearth of money in this business.
- Pass onto next generation: Real estate properties can be passed onto the next generation, this is one such investment which will continue to grow and prosper. No other company or National Stock Exchange has topped the market in a row during the last decade.
Thus, investing in real estate would turn out to be the fruitful endeavour, which would not only benefit you but also your children and the coming generations.