We at NRI Legal Services have a complete gamut of offerings related to search, retrieval, analysis and review of all type of legal documents and public records related to any real estate asset – Agricultural, residential and commercial. NRIs or people of the Indian diaspora generally face a nightmarish situation and many impediments in their quest to ascertain the latest ownership of a particular property in India. They face many legal issues regarding ‘Title Search’ as they do not have complete control or knowledge about their properties in India, which is further exacerbated by the fact that most of these records do not have any easy and convenient online retrieval system, but are mired in arcane and manual record-keeping systems.
Our ‘Title Search’ services provide an exhaustive and in-depth search of public records to determine and confirm a property’s legal ownership. Irrespective of property having been bought or inherited, it is imperative for NRIs to have complete knowledge and control on the details about their properties located in India and the latest certified records of such properties proving the latest ownership pattern of the said property unequivocally. This is to ensure that their properties are secure and there is no element of uncertainty with regards to the ownership of these properties. Having updated title documents in their possession, physical status of the property, status of the person in possession and the capacity in which the property is being occupied also needs to be known. In addition to that, the commercial value of the property is a key piece of information desired by NRIs.
Our ‘Title Search’ services provide precisely this exhaustive and comprehensive information set to our clients. The salient features of our services are
- We obtain certified copies of the latest title records from the concerned authorities to verify and validate the ownership status of that particular property and provide the same to our clients.
- Our team of specialists help in physical verification of the property by visiting the property and finding the on-ground status on the current occupant of the property and how they are in possession of the said property.
- Photographs of the property are included as part of the comprehensive report we provide to our clients, based on the ‘Title Search’ undertaken.
- In a few areas across India, some records are available online, but these are mostly insufficient and, in most cases, not updated. Thereby not allowing the client to get an in-depth overview. We obtain documentation (current as well as old records) to have a complete understanding of the history of ownership of the property.
- Translation of documents, which are mostly in vernacular languages, for a clear understanding of the documents, is also undertaken by our legal firm.
- If the illegal transfer or an invalid sale or exchange has been committed, the client is updated about the same and given legal advice to take timely action in order to challenge the same and restore his/her rights over the property.
This entire information set, coupled with the latest certified copies of documents, is provided to our clients in the form of an exhaustive and in-depth report. The genesis behind providing such an in-depth and exhaustive report to our clients is the clear understanding on our part, of the needs of our clients and their desire to have a complete comprehensive understanding of their real estate assets in India. Our nationwide team of world-class documents specialist who have decades of experience and understanding of how the record-keeping system works in India provides us with an unbeatable edge in delivering to our client’s expectations.