Can USA and Canada-based NRIs invest in mutual funds in India?

 NRIs (non-residents of the USA and Canada) can invest in mutual funds just as quickly as Indian residents. The NRIs can invest in mutual funds by opening one of the following accounts with an Indian bank:

  • A Non-Resident External Rupee (NRE) account
  • A Non-Resident Ordinary Rupee (NRO) account
  • A Foreign Currency Non-Resident Account (FCNR)
Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies