Sir/Mam, my father owned a property in Chennai. As he was living with me in Canada, he gave possession of the house in the hands of a caretaker. It’s been 5 years that we have visited our property. Now we want to sell off the property, but the caretaker is not ready to vacate the property. What should we do?

 Since the property possessed by him is in the capacity of a caretaker; as a result, he cannot claim his title over the same. An appropriate suit can be filed against him so that he gives the peaceful vacant possession to your father. Thereafter, the sale can be executed.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies