According to some civil lawyers property dispute is a common practice in India during the partition of property.
Every household, unfortunately, goes through some or the other property dispute during partition.
Sometimes back we were approached by Mr Vikas regarding a property issue with his brother while partition. Mr Vikas lives abroad while his brother lived in India. Mr Vikas’s brother kept all the good share of land and property to himself and gave all low-value land to Mr Vikas.
The plight of Mr Vikas was genuine, and therefore we took up the case. First, as property lawyers, we had to devolve all the partition done by the brother and then again file for the fresh partition plea.
We did a fresh and complete calculation and evaluation of the property keeping in mind Mr Vikas’s interest on the forefront.
And eventually, we succeeded in making a fair partition where everybody got the equal shares as per their respective rights.
Because property issue is common and the toughest to resolve in India and everywhere else we must be aware and informed of few things:-
What counts as property dispute?
Illegal possession of property: When there is disagreement regarding the ownership of the property and it is alleged that a property is possessed illegally and is not authorized.
Title disputes: When the registration of a property is challenged.
Rental Disputes: When landlords and tenants dispute regarding possession of the property, rent dues, terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
Other common areas of property litigation are:
- Land Leases including agricultural land
- Land Acquisition Cases
- Partition of Property, Disputes resulting from ancestral and self-earned property
Whom to approach in matters of Property Dispute?
You must find a civil lawyer for full legal assistance in India. They are specialized in a wide range of areas and provide legal advice and handle cases like:-
- Ownership/rent recovery
- Reclamation of land or premises from unlawful occupiers
- Rent and service restoration charges under long leases
- Site plan clearance services
- Tenancy cancellation agreements
- Rent contract and Security Deposit disputes
- Applications for relief under lengthy contract agreements with builders
- Boundary disputes
- Disputes over financial interest/s in property (commercial or family law bases), Mortgage disputes, Property and Banking disputes
- Misrepresentation and fraud in property cases
- Planning consent disputes – Change of Land Use Agreements (CLU)
Civil lawyers for Property disputes contest complex property issues and assist clients in the negotiation and legal drafting of personal, commercial and residential property issues.
Thus they have the experience and expertise to provide clients practical legal advice apart from a complete legal representation, based on the client’s need.