Can an NRI landlord evict a tenant without coming to India?

An NRI landlord can execute a Special Power of Attorney in favour of a person in India to give him powers for proper representation of the landlord in the Court and to carry out all other required actions related to the eviction process.

The tenanted property is a co-owned property. If one co-owner dies, can another co-owner file for an eviction suit?

Yes, he is well within the right to file for eviction suit.

In the absence of Rent Agreement, can a tenant be evicted through Court?

Yes, a landlord can file an eviction petition in the Court on the basis of an Oral tenancy. To prove such tenancy, a landlord has to prove in court that he had been receiving rent from that tenant.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies