I am an NRI. My Uncle wants to gift his property to me. Can a Gift Deed be executed in favour of NRI / PIO?

 An NRI (Non-Resident Indians) or a PIO (Person of Indian Origin) is eligible to receive property as a gift. The donor has to be a resident of India/NRI/PIO. The property to be transferred as a gift must be either a commercial property or a residential property, but not agricultural land, plantation property or farmhouse in India.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies