I have been in possession of the property for 31 years, and the owner of the property appointed me as a caretaker. Can I claim the plea of adverse possession?

 To claim the property based on adverse possession, the possessor must occupy the property without the knowledge of the actual owner. Thus, if the property is occupied by you, being the caretaker, you cannot take the plea of adverse possession if the property owner has been visiting the property and the possession was interrupted.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies