If my family is not ready for consensual partition, on what basis will the land be divided by the concerned legal authorities?

 In case there is an absence of family settlement at the time of partition, the land is partitioned by adopting the principle of good-to-good and bad-to-bad land. On the basis of this principle, the land is distributed amongst the co-owners, and they are granted a share of equal value.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies