If the tenant is carrying illegal activities in the tenanted premises and the neighbourhood is constantly complaining, can Police be called for immediate eviction of tenants?

 Service of legal notice is mandatory for seeking eviction. Even if the situation turns bad with the tenants, police cannot help in taking possession of the property. Only the Court of Rent Controller under whose jurisdiction the property is located has the power to order for Eviction of a tenant.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies