My father has some ancestral property in his name, along with his brothers. One of his brothers is in possession of the said property and has started construction on it without informing his brothers. Now, my father wants to get his share separated from the joint property. What remedy is available to him?

 As it is a joint property, your father can file a suit for partition and get his individual share separated. The suit can also be filed without taking consent from other co-owners. Once the property is partitioned, your father will have his independent share, and his brother will no longer be able to hold possession of the said share.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies