What process is adopted by courts in case it is not possible to divide the property into individual saleable shares?

 When a suit for partition is filed, the court appoints a local commissioner who inspects the property and submits a report. On the basis of this report, if it is ascertained that the property cannot be divided into individual saleable units, the court might order for the sale of the property, and the proceeds from the sale are distributed amongst the owners.

Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies