In light of the high number of queries that we have been getting for various property management issues, we decided to focus our FB Live series on this aspect. Within that, we started this time by addressing the problem of Land Search and Documentation. In the Live interaction with the NRI audience, Nidhi explained the importance of getting your documents in order and also the necessity of getting your title deeds all clear. The following is a glimpse of the session.
Table of Contents
Relevance of Property Management
- Overseas Citizens usually need Property Management in India
- Both distance and time make it difficult for them to keep a tab on their property matters
- Many times we have seen and heard the NRIs complaining about their property being commandeered by unwanted elements, for the apparent lack of maintenance of proper documentation
- NRIs mainly face problems due to the lack of such details and documents that are required to claim ownership of the same. Usually, NRIs have all the documents, but they just haven’t updated them or validated the title deed or checked the ground reality of the property.
- Their Property is either inherited or Purchased
- Ownership records not easy to trace out
- Sometimes registry details have been lost or not been updated
- This can damage their property rights in India
- An NRI needs to ask himself the following:
- What exactly he owns?
- If there is any problem related to his/her ownership?
- If there is a clear title for that property?
- Can it be transferred?
- If he/she has the details about – area of the property, evaluation, and documents of the same and its complete description
10. Current Updated Documents and Validated Title Deed are the few of the most important things that an NRI needs to possess if he owns a property in India.
What Property Management Involves
- It is imperative for an NRI to maintain properly updated property documents to protect him/her from any disputes.
- Since he can’t do himself, he resorts to the property managers
- Documentation is the first step, and it includes:
- Clear document stating the description of the property
- Explicit mention of the area and size
- Explicit mention of the name
- Details of the property after the proper evaluation the same
- Sometimes even documentation can bring its worries
- Documentation can be in vernacular languages – then needs to be translated
- The extent of share cannot be fully comprehended through any ownership document available online.
- Documentation is most often insufficient for them to get an in-depth view of their exact share or valuation.
- Another challenge that one faces in India is that most records have changed addresses and cannot be identified by the older addresses that clients have.
- Registered sales deeds which are the primary document of the title are not available either with clients or cannot be found in the archives of the relevant offices or municipal authorities.
- A subsequent sequel to this is to go then through courts to establish Title Declaration.
- If a fraud like illegal transfer or an invalid sale or exchange has been committed any time in the past, one needs to apply for the older record to verify how and when that fraud was committed. Such older documents are applied for and obtained through legal experts.
Why Us – What Role We Play
- We understood the need of having
- an exclusive land registry and land records service for just NRIs since the nature of the problems they face legally needs to be handled differently from other problems.
- We offer a one stop, committed, diligent, efficient and focused team to handle all such issues.
- All NRIs essentially seek a soothing and efficient system – Somebody to relate to their issues, somebody to understand the nuances of both their needs and their limitations, somebody who just knows and does what needs to be done to facilitate the processes;
- Somebody who can understand that it is not within their means or understanding to handle the required paperwork.
- Neither do they have the time, nor is it possible for them to travel back and forth to India to sort out such issues.
WHAT EXACTLY DO WE DO
- Simplification of all details about the land registry and title deeds so that the client can comprehend things clearly.
- Giving the client a comprehensive land search report so that he, as the owner gets information about both the area and valuation of his land.
- A systematic approach under the guidance of the company property management lawyers related to search, registry, title and then, getting the property ownership documents and records in order.
WHAT IS THE USE OF SUCH SERVICES?
- NRIs can safeguard themselves from anything that comes in the futures such as fraud and trespassing.
- They can even protect themselves from criminal litigation by proving their innocence with the help of properly maintained documents.
- The property management lawyers in NRI Legal Services give free legal consultation on all the matters related to the property. We also help settle the issues, file a case on one’s behalf, evaluate the property, and help obtain all the documents, without your actual presence in the country.