July 5, 2017

Travel to India not mandatory for partitioning property in India

Partition of shared ownership of property in India

Partition of shared ownership of property in India, whether between family members or co-owners, is a common phenomenon. With the trend of Nuclear families on the rise, it is becoming more frequent for people to have to deal with a fight for assets or carry out partition mutually.Dilemma of Partition of shared ownership of property […]

Read more

June 28, 2017

Not everything is shared so easily – Especially not property!

shared ownership of property in India

The need for legally entering into a Partition suite arises when there has to be a distribution of shared ownership of property among the potential shareholders, whether they are family members and relatives.A partition, by simple definition, is a division of assets owned collectively by either family members or relatives so that each person gets […]

Read more

June 1, 2017

How to deal with shared ownership of property

shared ownership of property

My name is V K Patel, and I am a non-resident Indian (NRI). I co-own a property in India with my two relatives. I am planning to sell my share of the property. But I want to avoid any problem in transferring or taxation related to my share of assets. How can I deal with […]

Read more
Cookies on NRI Legal Services Sites

We use cookies for a number of reasons, such as keeping NRI Legal Services Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.

Manage cookies